Warm Quinoa Salad with Asparagus, Broccolini and Feta
Calories per serving: 367
- ½ cup of quinoa
- 6 tbsp. olive oil (for the olive oil dressing (4tbsp)
- 1 bunch of asparagus with ends trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 bunch of broccolini with ends trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 bunch kale, trimmed, washed and cut into 2-inch ribbons
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp. of juice of lemon
- 1 tbsp. of Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
- Next, heat two tbsps. of olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the asparagus, broccolini, kale and chilli flakes into the saucepan and cook until the asparagus is cooked through and kale has wilted (this should take approximately 5 minutes). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, mix together the remaining olive oil, lemon juice and mustard in a small bowl.
- Once the asparagus, broccolini and kale have cooked, add them to a large serving bowl. Mix in the cooked quinoa, almonds, spring onions and feta. Pour over the dressing and toss the ingredients to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you’re having trouble falling and staying Fast Asleep, you may benefit from an evidence-based diet and lifestyle approach like The Fast 800 programme. Co-founded by Dr Michael Mosley, The Fast 800 online programme is designed to help members lose weight and regain their health with food, exercise and mindfulness guidance based on science. Poor-quality sleep is common among those who are overweight, and many of The Fast 800 online programme members report an improvement in their sleep and mood while following the programme. Learn more.